Lower Muskingum  Historical Society

 

                   

 

     Home       About  Us     Contacts     Products      Pictures      Related Links  

 

 

 

    Oliver Tucker Museum And Old Log Home  

 

 

 

 

 The Oliver Tucker Museum is the show place of the Lower Muskingum Historical Society at Beverly Ohio. The museum was formally dedicated on July 2nd, 1972 by the donors Mr. and Mrs. Edward and Virgina Townsend Dann of Dunedin Florida.

 Mrs Dann is the original grand daughter of Oliver Tucker. Her mother, Mary Tucker Townsend was born in Beverly and lived in this beautiful old home after her father Oliver Tucker bought it in 1887.

 The home was built in the early 1850's or before by John Dodge, Esq. Founder of  Beverly, for his daughter, Colina, wife of Samual B. Robinson

 Marvil Starlin Sr. built the old log house by 1798. It is the oldest completely hand hewn log house residence that is in a museum in the Northwest Territory.

 

 

                     

The Oliver Tucker Museum

Open Saturday and Sunday

From June thru August

1:00 to 4:00 PM

By appointment anytime by calling any

 of the officers or trustees of the LMHS

 

 

 

Hit Counter