Home About Us Contacts Products Pictures Related Links
| The Oliver Tucker Museum is the show place of
the Lower Muskingum Historical Society at Beverly Ohio. The museum was
formally dedicated on July 2nd, 1972 by the donors Mr. and Mrs. Edward
and Virgina Townsend Dann of Dunedin Florida.
Mrs Dann is the original grand daughter of Oliver Tucker. Her mother, Mary Tucker Townsend was born in Beverly and lived in this beautiful old home after her father Oliver Tucker bought it in 1887.
The home was built in the early 1850's or before by John Dodge, Esq. Founder of Beverly, for his daughter, Colina, wife of Samual B. Robinson
Marvil Starlin Sr. built the old log house by 1798. It is the oldest completely hand hewn log house residence that is in a museum in the Northwest Territory.
The Oliver Tucker Museum
Open Saturday and Sunday
From June thru August
1:00 to 4:00 PM
By appointment anytime by calling any
of the officers or trustees of the LMHS